We would like to inform you that one of our EU data centers (server supplier) has recently implemented stricter security measures and in case of security breaches or email spam problems or online IP blacklisting due to spam or any form of abuse will immediately shut down the server. Already have done one server so we want to inform you all on updated security measures and steps to be taken by your side as a web hosting ac holder.
Please note that as a customer you are the account holder of the service and it is your responsibility to manage the security of your local computer and network or the use or abuse of your service through your account.
We want to remind you of the importance of maintaining secure computer systems and networks when using our Services. As mentioned above, our data center has recently implemented stricter security measures and will immediately shut down servers in the event of any security breaches or spam complaint. This also applies to any involvement in spamming or sending unsolicited emails, no matters whether intentional or unintentional.
Please note that it is your responsibility to maintain the security of your local computer and network. We have no control over, and cannot manage, the security of your local computer / laptop / network. In the event of a spamming incident or if an email ID is compromised, an abuse fee of $150 per blacklisting must be paid by you as web hosting ac holder for that service in question. Repeated violations of the TOS base or abuse or spam may result in permanent suspension of your customer account with us.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in maintaining the highest level of security for all of our customers. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.
The data center is not in our control and have their own TOS applicable to services provided by them, why they do not send us a warning and why they immediately do the shutdown on any such complaint case immediately - it is not in our control and its its way to handle abuse complaints. But we have made the data center aware that this way they can lose their business relations not only with us, but also with their other customers as their new policies are more strict than practically required.
Please make sure you do offsite backups on regular basis of your data, as no backup is possible when the server itself is shut down by the data center for any abuse complaint (if comes). It takes hours for them to respond but that is normally how enterprise business deal for support same for most of big companies or brands. The situation will not be in our hands if the server is locked by the data center due to spam or abuse complaints as they unsuspend any such suspended server or not is sole their decision. So its required that all customers are informed timely and you take care of security at utmost level.
We have already started working on moving our EU data center servers to another data center, as we know that the EU data center is causing problems with its impractical way of dealing with abuse, but it may take a few months as we have several servers in this EU data center. Until the migration is completed you are requested to follow the suggested security measures timely at your end:
Kindly take care of suggested security steps periodically in meantime and take all required data offsite backup at your end in the meantime, the important articles related to security of website and email to follow are as follows:
We are also sending this via email to all our valued customers to make them aware of our anti-spam policy ZERO and to remind you to create & download timely offsite backups of your data (at your end) and to ensure optimal security of your websites, emails and servers hosted with us.
Please make sure of the following steps:
- Make sure all email passwords are reset to a strong, good password. Examples of strong passwords at https://randomkeygen.com/
- Make sure all your WordPress or any other website CMS (if used) + their plugins, themes or modules are all up-to-dated to the latest security version.
- Make sure you fully scan your local computers regularly basis with 2 leading antivirus programs.
- Make sure there is no spam or abuse from your side, otherwise the abuse fee will be applicable and we will not be able to help in case the server is shut down due to abuse
- All Reseller or Shared hosting customer shares the same server with other users so required to be more proactive with backups and security steps shared above.
- Kindly note in any case of such server suspend issue happens, the only thing we will be able to do is to offer you a new replacement account - however any data backups you need to make sure you are taking timely offsite backup so that you can reupload them if necessary.
- If you have a vps or dedicated server but without remote backup addon; then its advised to contact to firstname.lastname@example.org on urgent basis opt for remote backup addon to have 1 extra layer of remote backup hosted with us but that is not in replacement of your own offsite backup. Offsite backup is must at your end.
- If you have any questions about how to download backup or your website, database or email then feel free to check with our team at email@example.com but dont skip the step to download offsite backup of your data at your end. It is era of 5g now in most of cities and fast broadband are there so make sure you download your important data backups if any disaster recovery need comes.